In Japanese, "Ashi" means "foot" and "atsu" means "pressure". Inspired from Asian bodywork, Ashiatsu (essentially barefoot Swedish massage), is a relaxing deep-tissue massage delivered with the feet, on a massage table. The therapist uses overhead parallel bars for leverage and balance, customizing the pressure for each client's comfort. The broad pressure of the foot is effective and efficient in relieving tension, releasing trigger points, and improving lymphatic and blood circulation. The foot stroke's unique dynamic stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system for deeper relaxation.
Traditional Thai massage is offered on the table using barefoot techniques. Thai massage is a combination of rhythmic compressions and yoga stretches. The client wears comfortable loose fitting clothes and no oil is used.
A traditional Swedish massage is blended with Lomi Lomi and Trigger Point techniques tailored to the needs of the client. A variety of organic essential oils are offered to enhance the massage.
45 Minute "Lunch Hour" Massage ~ $40
60 Minute Massage ~ $70
90 Minute Massage ~ $100
2 Hours ~ $130
Benefits of Massage
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Helps athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improves the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Lessens depression and anxiety.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Releases endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Enhances sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improves concentration.
As the body is changing through the phases of pregnancy there are structural demands that create new stress and strain. Using the Body cushion, the client lies comfortable on her side during the massage.
Benefits During Pregnancy:
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Reduces musculoskeletal strain and pain
Benefits in the Postpartum Period:
- Reduces musculoskeletal and organic pain
- Promotes structural realignment of the spine and pelvis, and reorganization of movement
- Contributes to rehabilitation of abdominal skin, muscles, and organs
- Relieves muscle strain caused by childcare activities